“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things
you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away
from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
Discover.” – Mark Twain

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Amusement Park!



Today I had the chance to go with Sylvia's school to a amusement park. We had to take care of 4 or 5 high school girls as we made our way to the park. We woke up early and went to the school at 7am. The school had charted a bus to take us to Taizhong to where the amusement park was at. It was a very rainy day since a Typhoon is coming towards Taiwan. The drive was not very long and we were all excited to get to the park.
At the park, I was surprised by how empty the park was. I am use to going anywhere in Taiwan for it being crowded. It must be because of the Typhoon that everyone has stayed at home. I saw many restaurants like this one that tried to copy vintage Americana. There was even a restaurant where they sold American handburgers and the waitress was dressed in a cute cowgirl outfit, but it turns out this was a Japanese restaurant. haha!

Walking around the park most of the students were dying to ride the log flume and get super wet even though it was raining. We made our way to eat our lunch which was a lunch box with has rice, meat and other vegetables.
This is a cactus garden. I don't know much about cactus but I didn't know cactus could live in such a humid place like Taiwan.
There were many cute things around the walk way. I guess their purpose was for people to pose with them and take pictures, so we did.

As you can see its raining constantly as we walk around. Everyone had their umbrellas out. I would think with all this rain they would close down the park but not here they kept it raining all day.
We rode this ride I'm not sure what this is called. But we wore out raincoats so we would not get wet. The lines were very short but the way the lines are made I can tell that these park must get very crowded.
Something I have never seen before but though was very cool was this "full body dryer". It does what you think it would do, its a huge dryer and for 100NT you can dry yourself.
The kids really wanted to ride the pirate ship so we got on it. It was a very fun ride and you can see the whole park from the top swing.


I am not sure if I can take pictures while riding the ride...but I did.

The pond next to the ride was full of fish.
Another ride we rode was this one, yet again I don't know the name. Its just a swing that spins you around.
This ride is NOT called The Sonic Circle!! This ride is the Himalaya almost the same one that they have in the Lee County fair back home!
Its the Himalaya!!!!!
This ride almost made me throw up! It goes completely upside down ><.
After we rode this ride we went to ride the log flume but I left my camera in Sylvia's book bag so I could not take any more pictures. Basically we re-rode every ride again. Poor Sylvia rode the teacup ride and threw up. After riding and riding we sat down to rest. We ate some french fries, chicken nuggets, and Taiwanese sausage with garlic. Who would have though that eating raw garlic with sausage would taste very good. We left the park at around 6pm we all had a blast and on the bus ride back I feel asleep till we got back into Taoyuan. I had a great time and was very surprised by how well behaved Sylvia's students are.

No comments:

Post a Comment