“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things
you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away
from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
Discover.” – Mark Twain

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Driving to Kenting

Today Sylvia, me, and her three friends are going to drive to Kenting. I am very excited but feel very sleepy since we got back so late from the night market last night and woke up at around 8 am. The drive to Kenting would take a couple of hours and I was looking forward to seeing the ocean which I heard was a beautiful blue color. Where I am from I am use to the ocean being colored a more greenish-blue color.
Before we got going we ate some breakfast together. I love eating Taiwanese hamburgers. Most of them have eggs and a kind of pinkish sauce that is very good with the egg and chicken. And of course you can't eat a complete meal in Taiwan with out milk tea.
I always love looking at the temples scattered all over Taiwan. If I get the chance I like to walk inside of the temple and smelling the incents and look at the beautiful sculptures and paintings. This is a temple we drove by on the way to Kenting. On the side of the road we saw pieces that go inside temples set out for people to buy I suppose.
The drive to Kenting was beautiful! I love the mountains so much. I can't believe that they are so close to the ocean. The scenery in Taiwan is just breath taking. The pictures do not do it justice.
About 1 hour away from Kenting you can already see the ocean. This picture was taken behind a Family Mart. I find it very strange that no one is at this beach. It is empty just sand and ocean. I guess there will be more people when we get to Kenting.

We stopped to eat a snack on the way. This place was full of people waiting in line. You take a number and wait for it to be called. They sell 包子 which is a type of dumpling filled with many different fillings.


I had my bao zi filled with sausage and meat. It taste very good and was well worth the wait.

This is Sylvia and I after finishing our meal. It was very hot outside but the fan outside sprayed water so it felt comfortable.

These are Sylvia's three friends that came with us to Kenting. Ah Sao, Xiao Chao, and Uh Ge.
We are almost to Kenting!! We made a stop to eat a meal before getting to our hotel.
Raw fish with washabi is always tasty! I was worried to eat raw fish because I though I would get sick but I have long put that worry behind me.

This is a tofu dish. It taste very good the sauce makes the tofu taste like beef in a way. But the texture of tofu is a bit weird since its almost like eating a sponge.
We ate snails also!! They tasted alright but they were not my most favorite thing I have ever eaten in Taiwan.

I have no idea how to explain what this is. Its a bit chewy and the sauce made it very good.
The green vegetables are very good I love eating them. They are common in many meals in Taiwan. The white stuff did not taste good for me.

This is like sushi where the outside has been fried. I really enjoyed eating this.
This is out hotel. Its more like a little house. It looks very cute and is actually very cozy inside.


Sylvia took a picture of me sleeping since I was super tired from the drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment